Monday, November 9, 2015

Life in November

Hi guys,

Today I begin the third month of my PhD program. It's been really great so far, but the work is definitely piling up, and things are just going to get busier as the end of the semester approaches.

On top of that, my girlfriend, who is from NYC too, is currently studying in England. She'll come back for the holidays in December, and then I'll go back to England with her for a short trip. We are both having a very good time, but it would be even better to be together.

All that aside, I really like New York at this time of year. The weather is chilly but not too cold. I definitely prefer to have it be too cold than too hot. I can't do anything if it's really hot and humid, which is how it gets here in the summer and even late spring and early fall.

November is also great because of Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is a very important holiday in American culture. I am lucky because most of my family lives in New York, so we are able to get together pretty frequently, but for a lot of people, Thanksgiving is one of the only times during the year when the whole family can get together. I'm also lucky because I go to school in New York, so I don't need to travel far. This year we are having Thanksgiving dinner at my aunt's house. She lives downtown. My four first cousins, my two grandmothers, my other aunt and uncle, my mom and dad and brother, and a few friends will all be there together. It should be very nice.

How is life in Japan these days?

Best,
Aaron 

1 comment:

  1. わたしもかれしがいるのできもちがわかります。クリスマスはいっしょにすごしますか?
    I bet you because I have a boyfriend too. It is always good to be together. Are you going to be with your girlfriend on Christmas? It is getting colder in Japan.

    ReplyDelete